Don't Spend Your Money On Commercial Glass Cleaners: 3 Easy Ways To Keep Your Windows Shiny
Have you noticed how difficult it is to keep your glass clean? Even if you have a professional window cleaning service like Clear Blue Window Cleaners come out to your home, you may notice that they need a bit of touching up in between visits. Luckily, you don't have to buy expensive cleaning products to keep your glass looking shiny. Here are a few ways to take care of your glass using products you probably already have in your home.
Polish Away Those Small Scratches
If you have small scratches on your windows, you don't need to replace them. All you need is a tube of whitening toothpaste, a damp sponge and a soft cloth.
- Place a small amount of toothpaste on your damp sponge.
- Rub the toothpaste onto your window.
- Rinse out your sponge and wipe the toothpaste off the glass.
- Wipe the window with a clean soft cloth.
Wash Away The Soap Scum
Those windows that you have in your bathroom may end up with a nasty soap scum build-up. You don't have to live with the scum. Here's a quick way to get rid of the soapy film and bring back your shiny windows.
Supplies You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- ¾ cup of ammonia
- 3 cups warm water
- Small plastic bowl or bucket
- Wet sponge
- Clean soft cloth
- Pour your warm water into a small bowl or bucket.
- Add your baking soda and ammonia.
- Dip your sponge in the solution and wipe your windows down.
- Be sure to apply a generous amount of cleaning solution to the entire window.
- Leave the solution to sit for about 2 minutes and then wipe the window with a soft cloth.
Clear Up Foggy Windows
Do your windows fog over on rainy days? Here's an easy way to clean your windows and keep them from fogging over. All you'll need is a can of foam shaving cream, a damp sponge and a clean, dry rag.
- Squirt a generous amount of shaving cream on to your windows.
- Rub the shaving cream into the glass using your damp sponge.
- Use your clean rag to shine your windows.
- Your windows will now stay crystal clear on those rainy days.
You want your windows to look clean all the time. Luckily, you don't have to buy expensive cleaning products to keep your windows looking their best. Use these common household products to clean your windows and leave them looking crystal clear.